Summer Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Ingredients for Peanut sauce:
1 teaspoon Acanela Thailand Blend
1/3 cup Peanut butter
2 TBS Water
2 TBS Soy sauce
½ Lime – squeezed
Ingredients for Summer Rolls:
16 rice paper rounds
3 ounces rice noodles
24 pre-cooked shrimp
1 cup mung bean sprouts
1 cup grated carrot
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cabbage or lettuce
3 green onions, halved and cut into 2-inch pieces
Fresh basil, mint, cilantro
2 red chilies, thinly sliced (optional)
Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl, set aside
1. Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions, set aside.
2. Halve each shrimp horizontally, set aside.
3. Place all of the ingredients (rice noodles, shrimp, bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber, red cabbage, green onion, basil, mint, cilantro, chilies) in separate containers and place them around your work surface.
4. Fill a shallow dish with medium-hot water. Taking one wrapper at a time, submerge the wrapped until it is soft and pliable, about 15 seconds. Remove from the water and place on work surface
5. Place small handful of noodles down the center of the wrapper. Place a few pinches of bean sprouts, grated carrot, cucumber, and cabbage alongside the noodles, then place two of each of the herbs (green onion, basil, mint, and cilantro) lengthwise on top. Finish by placing 2 shrimps, halved on top of the herbs.
6. Fold the bottom half of the rice paper over the filling. Holding the whole thing firmly in place, fold the sides of the wrapper in. Then roll the entire wrapper horizontally from top to bottom. Serve with the seam facing down, and the shrimp facing up. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and serve with the peanut dipping sauce.