2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 lb beef ( or pork sausage sausage)
1 cup water (or stock)
1 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Salt
1 lb Tagliatelle (see recipe below)
200 grams 00 Flour
3 medium eggs
1. Put the oil, garlic, and chopped onion in the pot and turn the heat on to medium. Cook and stir the onion until it has become translucent.
2. Add the chopped celery and carrot. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring vegetables to coat them well.
3. Add ground beef and sausage. Crumble the meat with a fork, stir well and cook until the beef has lost its raw, red color. Add the stock, red wine vinegar, and let it simmer, stirring frequently.
4. Turn the heat down and let the sauce simmer. Add a large pinch of salt and a few grindings of pepper. Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked and sauce has thickened (about 10-15 minutes). Taste and correct for salt.
5. Toss with pasta (such as homemade Tagliatelle) and serve with freshly grated Parmesan on the side.
1. Mix Eggs & Flour together, until well mixed - then cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Roll & Cut into desired Pasta Shape, using Semolina Flour to keep from sticking. Cook in hot water for 5-7 minutes or until pasta floats to the top.