2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon India Spice Blend
4 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
1-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
1 large yellow onion, finely diced
4 tomatoes, chopped
½ cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1 can chickpeas, drained
cilantro & lemon juice for garnish
1. Add 2 Tablespoons oil to pan and place over medium heat. When the oil is hot add 1 Tablespoon India Spice Blend.
2. Let the spices simmer in the oil until the seeds begin to pop (2-3 minutes), then add the finely diced garlic & ginger. After a few minutes, add the onion. When the onion is soft and translucent (after about 5 minutes) add the tomatoes, ½ cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Allow the mixture boil down over medium heat until the water has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
5. Add 1 can chickpeas and cook until chickpeas are tender and sauce has thickened even more (5-10 minutes).
6. Add salt to taste, top with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice, and enjoy with rice or delicious Indian bread.