2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon India Spice Blend
4 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
1-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
1 large yellow onion, finely diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups mixed veggies (potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, ... )
1 can coconut coconut milk
½ cup cashews
½ cup water
Small handful of raisins and cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Add 2 Tablespoons oil to pan and place over medium heat. When the oil is hot add 1 Tablespoon India Spice Blend.
2. Let the spices simmer in the oil until the seeds begin to pop (2-3 minutes), then add the finely diced garlic & ginger. After a few minutes, add the onion. When the onion is soft and translucent (after about 5 minutes) add the chopped tomatoes, 1 cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Allow the mixture boil down over medium heat until the water has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
4. Place the ½ cup cashews & ½ cup water in a blender and puree until smooth.
5. Add the cashew puree and 1 cup coconut milk to the mixture, place over medium heat, and mix thoroughly.
7. Add the 3 cups of mixed vegetables, and mix well. Cover and let simmer until all the vegetables are thoroughly cooked (15-20 minutes).
8. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with raisins and cilantro leaves and serve with rice or delicious Indian bread.