Trip Summary: Mozambique | 9 Days
Next Group Trip: 31 May - 08 June 2017
Group Size: Max 16 people
Price From: $3600 per person
- Experience landscapes from Mozambique's vivacious capital to savannas and sparking coasts
- Immerse yourself in local communities and experience tribal village life
- Come face-to-face with enormous whale sharks, coral reefs, and neon fish during unique snorkeling and scuba-diving experiences
Itinerary | 9 Days
Day 1 - MAPUTO
Welcome to Mozambique! Your expert guide will be awaiting your arrival in Mozambique’s flourishing capital, Maputo, where we will get acquainted with each other, our cameras, and East Africa as we explore one of the biggest, most colorful markets in East Africa, experience the Portuguese heritage that still is evident in the buildings and cuisine, photograph the crossroads of culture in this unassuming city, and relax at our accommodation in preparation for our departure the following morning.
Day 2 - TOFO
From Maputo we’ll load into our private bus as we drive six hours from the vivacious capital through the savannas to the sparkling coast. We’ll arrive at the village of Tofo Beach in time to dive into the warm emerald green waters and to have a traditional dinner and photo lesson on the shore as the sun dips behind the horizon.
Days 3 & 4 - TOFO
We’ll be immersed in the splendor of this seaside community as we’re spoiled by the colors and sights of this unique corner of Mozambique. While in Tofo, we will:
- Have the rare opportunity to spend time with local families as we learn to cook in their homes, follow their daily lives, and intimately photograph their experiences
- Come face-to-face with enormous whale sharks as we snorkel through rainbow-colored coral reefs, schools of neon fish, as well as dolphins, turtles, and manta rays
- Visit local villages, then cool off with an afternoon surf lesson and star photography lesson as we point our cameras up towards the Milky Way above the Indian Ocean
Day 5 - VILANCULOS & Bazaruto National Park
From Tofo we’ll get back in our private bus and head four hours up the picturesque coast to the vibrant seaside village of Vilanculos, which will be our base as we explore the sprawling Bazaruto Archipelago National Park. We’ll arrive in time for an afternoon photo walk through the village, settle into our accommodation, and have an evening photo lesson and campfire on the shore.
Days 6, 7, & 8 - VILANCULOS & Bazaruto National Park
We’ll dive right into our opportunity to photograph and experience the cultural and natural wonders of Bazaruto National Park. Highlights include:
- Get a rare look inside the thriving communities that dot the archipelago, having the chance to understand this ocean-adapted culture as we photograph fishermen during their sunrise duties, farmers harvesting oysters, and the cross-culture of spices and dress as we walk the sunlit streets
- Snorkel through the pristine coral reefs in sparkling azure waters, encountering the mermaid of the sea, the dugong
- Learn to sail a dhow (traditional Portuguese sailboat) as we hop from island to island
- Have an opportunity to get a look at the sand-shelfs, turquoise waters, and white shores dotted with colorful villages on an optional helicopter flight above the archipelago
Today we will return back to Maputo, where you will catch your international flight back home.
Pre-Extension: Ask about optional 4-day extension to Kruger National Park.
This Acanela Expedition © is the perfect fusion between comfort & adventure. Embark on this small group exploration and have hands-on encounters with local peoples and cultures, while experiencing all the historical & culinary highlights along the way.
31 May - 08 June 2017
Private dates upon inquiry.
All inclusive package including accommodation for all nights, in-country transport by private bus, train, or flight, lecture and instruction materials from our expert guides, all activities, and meals as listed on the itinerary. *International Airfare and Visa Fees are not included.
Contact Us: 1-323-657-3496
Call to speak with one of our agents about this trip, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org