Botswana & Zambia Safari
Embark a journey through the wild landscapes of South Africa, Zambia, & Botswana. Experience the culture, animal life, and stunning landscapes of three of Africa's most beautiful countries while visiting breathtaking locations such as Victoria Falls, Chobe National Park, and the Okavango Delta. Feel close to the heart of the savannah while staying at some of the most beautiful safari accommodation Africa has to offer.
Trip Summary: Botswana & Zambia | 9 Days
Trip Dates: April - June; October - December
Group Size: Max 16 participants
Prices From: $4200 per person
Dates & Prices:
This Acanela Expedition © is the perfect fusion between comfort & adventure. Embark on this small group exploration and have hands-on encounters with the wildlife and cultures of Africa, while experiencing all the historical and culinary highlights along the way.
Contact Us: 1-323-657-3496
Call to speak with one of our agents about this trip on email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hike Victoria Falls, one of the the Seven Natural Wonders of the World
- Embark on safari game-drives to see exotic animals
- Sleep under the stars
- Ride in a traditional wooden Mokoro Boat
- Bird watch in the pristine Okavango Delta
- Have up-close encounters with meerkats in the Makgadikgadi Pans
- Experience the beauty of Africa like you never have before
Itinerary | 9 Days:
Day 1: After a pleasant flight routing through Johannesburg we will join together in Livingstone, the beautiful Zambian city situated perfectly between the boarders of Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. We will check into our hotel and adjust to the time change by having a group introduction on the African countries we will be exploring, as well an intro to the photography skills we will be learning throughout the trip. Afterwards, we’ll set out to explore the bustling, visit the vibrant markets, and enjoy a traditional welcome dinner. Accommodation: Safari Lodge
Day 2: Up early, we will dine on a delicious buffet breakfast and board our private bus to journey to Victoria Falls, one of Nature’s Seven Wonders of the World. We will spend the morning and afternoon capturing these magnificent falls on camera, spending time in both Zimbabwe and Zambia to catch different angles and test our luck at spotting the local wildlife. You will have the option to participate in activities such as bungee jumping or gorge swinging from the famous Zimbabwe Bridge. On our way back to Livingstone we will also have the unique opportunity to visit a remote Zambian village, where we will meet local villagers, have a lesson on the tribal culture, and have a unique photography experience. Accommodation: Safari Lodge
Days 3 – 8: It’s time to say goodbye to Livingstone as we set out deep into the Southern African savanna. You’ll watch from our comfortable private safari Jeeps as we drop into the wilderness and embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. We’ll spend the next seven days exploring the unfathomable beauty and highlights of Chobe National Park, the Okavango Delta, and the Makgadikgadi Pans. Accommodation: Safari Tents or Safari Lodge
Highlights here include:
- See for yourself the most renowned wildlife parks on the planet. Rise early to beat the crowds as we set out each morning to spot lions, cheetahs, elephants, hyenas, and giraffes.
- Be mesmerized by the glorious landscapes and famous African sunsets as we search for wildlife with the help of your expert safari guide.
- Arrive at your safari camp each night to tell stories and drink hot tea around the campfire, under a sky of spectacular stars far from any city or town.
- Canoe in traditional wood-carved boats through the narrow channels of the Botswana Deltas, coming up close and personal with hippos, bathing lions, herds of zebra, and extraordinary birdlife.
- Sleep in Safari Tents where you’ll fall asleep to the sounds of lions and elephants in the distance, and spend each night enjoying delicious meals prepared by our tour’s private cook.
- Experience remote tribes deep in the heart of the savanna -- having the opportunity to speak with villagers as we learn about their centuries-old way of life and the current struggles they face in an evolving world.
Day 9: Having said goodbye to the savannas and its wildlife, we will travel onwards to Maun to catch our international flights back home or continue on to your next destination in Africa (see extension packages below).
Optional 4-day extension to Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari Desert: Visit some of the Kalahari’s most fascinating sights including the Chapman's Boabobs, the infamous Salt Pans, and their inhabitants, the meerkats. Have the opportunity to have up-close and personal interactions with the meerkats, learning how they live, hunt, and communicate with those around them. Your time in the Kalahari will also involve an encounter with the Zu/’hoasi people- who still lead a semi-traditional lifestyle. They will share with us their traditional hunting and food-gathering skills as well as how they make jewellery and hunting equipment. Get a glimpse into their fastvanishing, traditional way of life, and learn much about this region of the world.
Optional 4-day extension to Sossusvlei Dunes, Namibia: Departing Windhoek early in the morning in private 4x4 jeeps, we will head out to explore the unique Namib Desert, admiring the orange-red tinged dunes in the warm morning light. These dunes are one of the most remarkable highlights of Namibia, and some of the tallest sand dunes on the planet. Highlights of the next three days include visiting the towering Sossuvlei Dines, photographing the white expanse of Dead Vlei, climbing the famous Dune 45, walking into the narrow Sesriem Canyon, and encountering cheetahs and the Na’ankuse Conservation Center. At night we will camp in en-suite rooms or luxury tents in the desert -- each having a stunning view of the mountains and deserts of the Namib area. Accommodation: Safari Tents or Safari Lodge