Chicken Tikka Masala
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon India Spice Blend
4 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
1-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
1 large yellow onion, finely diced
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
½ cup water
2 teaspoon salt
1 cup yogurt
1 can tomato paste
1 lemon, juiced
2-3 chicken breasts, cubed
1. Add 2 Tablespoons oil to pan and place over medium heat. When the oil is hot add 1 Tablespoon India Spice Blend.
2. Let the spices simmer in the oil until the seeds begin to pop (2-3 minutes), then add the finely diced garlic & ginger. After a few minutes, add the onion. When the onion is soft and translucent (after about 5 minutes) add the tomatoes, ½ cup water, and 2 teaspoon salt.
3. Allow the mixture boil down over medium heat until the water has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
4. Add the 1 cup yogurt, can of tomato paste, and lemon juice to the mixture, place over medium heat, and mix thoroughly.
6. Add the cubed chicken and and let simmer until chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked (10-15 minutes).
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy with rice or Indian bread.