Indian Biryani Rice
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 heaping spoonful India Spice Blend
4 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
1-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
1 large yellow onion, finely diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
½ cup water
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup green peas
1 carrot, finely diced
½ green pepper, finely diced
¼ head purple cabbage, finely diced
½ apple, finely diced
1 cup basmati rice
2 cup water
Cashew Nuts, Rasins, and Cilantro leaves for garnish
Northern India Basic Sauce:
1. Add 2 Tablespoons oil to pan and place over medium heat. When the oil is hot add 1 Tablespoon of the India Spice Blend.
2. Let the spices simmer in the oil until the seeds begin to pop (2-3 minutes), then add the finely diced garlic & ginger. After a few minutes, add the onion. When the onion is soft and translucent (after about 5 minutes) add the tomatoes, ½ cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Allow the mixture boil down over medium heat until the water has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
4. Chop all the vegetables (peas, carrot, green pepper, cabbage, tomato, and apples) and add to the mixture. Place over medium heat and mix thoroughly.
6. Add 1 cup of basmati rice and 2 cups of water, and cover mixture with lid. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is thoroughly cooked.
7. Garnish with Cashews, Raisins, and Cilantro. Enjoy!